December 6, 2006
You may wondering about the new look?! We have changed the look of our blog to a little more 'printer friendly' model. We were going to print off our blog for Kirby's grandmother and I realized that it would have used so much black in trying to print it out. And that's that.
Posted by Charlie at 3:43 PM
December 5, 2006
So, I got tagged. Tagged by what?? Another 'blogger'--Aaron Hendrick to be more specific. Supposedly, I'm suppose to give everyone 5 things they don't know about me and then tag 5 other people. This would then invade the internet with 25 more new things about people that others don't know about them--eventually, causing a worldwide transparency and vulnerability. I think some Christian in Amway married some Christian in Arbonne and decided this might "speed Christ's coming". So, that I may do my part in spreading the Gospel...
1) I am a freak about expiration dates. It has taken me years of therapy and jeering by loved ones to acutally drink the milk on the same day that is marked on the bottle. This is of course is preceeded with numerous sniffs of the bottle and at least one second opinion. If I am at anyone else's house, you can probably tack on another 2 days for a buffer. This also includes things like yogurt and juices. If there is or has ever been a speck of mold on a block/bag of cheese and I know it, it takes everything in my power and whatever power God allows to down that meal--and a couple of days to forget about it.
2) Something that use to embarass me to death when I was younger, but now I think is very funny: I slept with a Skipper doll when I was like 9ish. This wasn't a frequent or reoccuring deal, but it did happen more than once. (Who knew I'd eventually end up with Fiesta Barbie, Skipper's older, Spanish sister?!) My sister and I are two years apart and we would be among company I was trying to impress in highschool and all of a sudden this would launch out of her mouth -- "Charlie used to sleep with a Skipper doll!" We fought a lot in highschool.
3) I love non-manly movies. Some of my very favorite movies are musicals. I grew up watching "Newsies" when I was younger. I can sing you every song. I think they should make more musicals today. Movies like "Mulan Rouge" and "Chicago" don't count because musicals use to be very clean. Some movies aren't musicals that I enjoy as well, but just girly. Here are a few of my favorites: Sound of Music, Anne of Green Gables, Pollyanna, and The Notebook. Sorry, I still like them.
4) I truly believe my spiritual gift might be singing like children's TV character's. I can sing & talk like Barney. It's actually better than the fraud they have doing his voice these days. Just reporting the facts. Also, I can sing the "Rubber Ducky Song" like Ernie from Sesame Street. What character will I pick up next? Only God knows.
5) I actually work an 8 or more hour day, Monday through Friday with only normal holidays. My work is pretty flex, but it's not as flexible as some of you take it. I frequently get the comments "Oh, you have to work tomorrow?", "What are you doing tomorrow...oh, yeah.", "Hey are you going to go shopping with us all day on Tuesday?" and many others like them. Yes, I am very flexible at work, but I still have to put in a good 40+ hors every week. Please, call me though if you ever need any help for an hour or two in the middle of the day while all the other suckers are stuck in the office.
Well, there you have it. I'm actually feeling quite free. Now to tag so that the world might be a better place. I'm tagging Cody Groves, Hayden Hendrick, Charley Hart, Matt Palermo, and Michelle McClure so that I will find my true love holding a $100 tomorrow at 12:34pm.