December 4, 2007

Phase I complete, Phase II begins!

Phase I Apel Remodeling has officially ended and Phase II started this morning. Phase II will not be so extensive...just a wall being punched out, a couple doors being added, and a wall that needs to be closed in! Isn't my husband amazing?

In celebration of Phase I being complete, I wanted to post these pics of all Charlie's hard work!

This was the kitchen BEFORE we moved in (notice all the wasted cabinet space on the left):





During construction...look at all that cabinet and countertop space we gained! We closed in one of the doors, took out a wall and a closet behind it (to open our living room up) and put in a window bar and widened the other entry to the kitchen:



Look at my BEAUTIFUL red kitchen:



More Before and After views:







13 comments:

5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

I love it! It is perfect. I miss that kitchen and this sweet house as I haven't been there in a while. Love you guys tons!

chelsea said...

We need to see your house! Cody and I LOVE the kitchen. It looks amazing.

The Currie Family said...

It looks like a completely different place!! LOVE it!! I am definitely going to have to hire the Apels to come help remodel my new house...when we get one! ;o)

Charlie needs to give Brent a workshop and teach him his skills!

Kyle said...

love it!

can't wait to see phase 2!

will it be done next weekend?

Kirby said...

the french doors will be done tomorrow...but we he still has to close in the door that originally went from the kitchen to the garage, build my laundry closet, (which he may not do for a while) and still has to put a door on the hallway.

so phase II, part I will be done but not the entire phase II

Kirby said...

like how i said we--then changed it to he as if i'm doing anything?

i'm the cleanup crew.

Anonymous said...

WOW! I'm impressed... can't wait to see it next time I'm in town. I know, my blog is a joke since Logan was born and yes, I do plan on updating!

Andy said...

Charlie did an amazing job! The kicthen looks great :)

Brooke said...

i loooove it!!!!

a wonderful transformation! :)

Lindsey said...

SO beautiful!! Congratulations on the beautiful house and the baby blessing!!!

A Little Water said...

wow!! the house looks great! i hope you are really enjoying. so excited for you about baby #2 and i pray you guys have a great christmas!

John and Sarah said...

I cannot believe that that is the same kitchen?!?! Its amazing! Beautiful! Great work Charlie!

texasmcvays said...

It's so cute! I was looking at the picture and it reminded me of what I said to you this weekend about we have something in common. I have all those red accessories also the canisters, napkin holder, utensil holder etc... I love red. My biggest regret with the new house is that I didn't realize the floor color I chose would preclude the abundant use of red! Your remodel is beautiful!