September 28, 2010

Pregnancy #3: Week 19

How will I be halfway through this pregnancy in just a few days? I don't even know.


I must clear something up right now.  I have had several people tell me that I am, "not big enough to be this far along..."  Let me just say that, after my third pregnancy, I have come to grips with this...I am not begging for compliments or debates of any sort but...THE LAST PLACE THAT I LOOK PREGNANT IS MY BELLY.

I look pregnant in my butt, my arms apparently, my muffin top (this video makes me think of my brother, Jordan every time...if you haven't seen it, you MUST stop reading and watch it now), my face, (and some might even say my legs ;) but the last place to grow is my tummy.  (Though, I think it's grown quite a bit this week!)  I am content with all of this.  It is well with my soul. For the most part, things seem to return to the size that they belong after pregnancy (except that muffin top...thank you, McKlayne!) but EVEN that is worth the precious life that comes out at the end of 40 weeks of expansion.  I am even learning to become thankful for all of this.  Victory!

So...as I was pondering this over the last week, I was reminded of my dear, beautiful, and oh-so-talented "ditty" author, friend, Melissa's post from almost a year ago when she was pregnant.  Go look at her.  Isn't she just gorgeous?  (She's even prettier on the inside and I love this girl's sense of humor and appreciate how easily she can laugh at herself.)  I remember reading this post  last year and nodding my head, totally relating to her.  And...I think it's about time that she and I both have this same conversation with my back side.  This song goes out to all the pregnant ladies who's "buttocks" seem to grow, oh.so.profusely. 

I don't think she'll mind me posting this here, so in Melissa's words:

A few months ago, I shared with you from the deep recesses of my heart the little ditty that I had sung to my back side to get in line with my desires. 

Oh my buttocks, how do you do?
Oh my buttocks, how about you?
Though I feed you carbs galore
Please don't keep them in your store

Please remember my dear friend
We are nowhere near the end
As you see my baby showing
There's no need for you to keep growing

I know you keep things balanced out
But that kind of thing freaks me out
Just remember my amigo
You are not the one that is prego!

And, incase you've never been pregnant or just don't know remember what it feels like to get those pregnancy "compliments" Melissa can school you in these as well.  This girl is hilarious, and so right.


Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 19 weeks 

My baby is the size of a: Large Heirloom Tomato; About 6 in., 8.5 oz.

Baby changes: His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. He weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom. His arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body now. His kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on his scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on his skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.

Best Moment this week: I'm starting to feel like we're getting into the swing of things around here and I am getting caught up and completing my long list of unfinished projects. WHEW!

Gender: We won't know until the baby is here!

Movement: At night, lying on my back, I can feel this baby moving up towards the top of my belly...underneath my belly button.

Food Craving: Honey Crisp Apples (they're at Kroger for $1.77/lb...that's a steal for these apples so go get them before the sale ends...last day is Tuesday), Jason's Deli's Nutty Mixed Up Salad (my recipe below)

What I miss: losing any ab muscles that I had before...Crossfit is getting harder and harder without abs.  You don't realize how much you use them until they're gone...bodyrows and pushups are killer without them.

Sleep: Sound as a baby.

What I am looking forward to: seeing Asher and McKlayne with this new baby.

Symptoms: I'm feeling great.



(Our salad looks way better than the one pictured above, by the way.)

Nutty Mixed Up Salad-Apel Version
Mixed Greens
Spinach
Apples
Grapes
Feta Cheese
Walnuts
Pumpkin Sees
Sunflower Seeds
Dried Cranberries
Golden Raisins
Chicken Breast*
Balsamic Vinaigrette**

Mix it all together and you shake it all about!


Marinated Chicken Breast
Salt & Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Italian Seasonings
Olive Oil

Coat chicken with olive oil and add COVER in seasonings.  Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes-ish (?) Just watch it.


Balsamic Vinaigrette 
1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
½ tsp. spicy mustard
½ tsp. garlic
Salt & pepper to taste

(This may need to be doubled/tripled depending on the number of/size of the salads.) Mix dressing ingredients well and toss over salad &  toppings!

1 comment:

J said...

I'm glad you're feeling great! :) Sometimes I feel a little sad because my sweet baby left me with a belly covered with oh-so-lovely stretch marks! I try to view them as a reminder of my sweet blessing! (but sometimes it still makes me a wee bit sad) ;) (fyi--I put my blog on private, so if you ever want to see it again, let me know and I'll email you an invite) Hope things keep going well!! :)